'Not a s**thole': Naomi Watts hits out at President Donald Trump as she shares a throwback snap from her trip to Kenya where she spent time at an $10k a night luxury eco-lodge
- President Trump, 71, allegedly asked 'Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?' in an Oval Office meeting about immigration on Thursday
- He went on to deny he was racist, telling reporters on Sunday: 'I'm not a racist. I'm the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you'
- However Naomi Watts appeared to hit out at the comments in a throwback Instagram snap to her Kenya holiday, captioned: 'Not a s**thole'
She publicly pledged her support for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential Election.
And Naomi Watts appeared to hit out at US President Donald Trump and his alleged comments regarding 's***hole countries' on Sunday - although he has since denied he is a racist.
The 49-year-old actress took to Instagram to share a throwback photo from a holiday she took to Kenya, which she captioned with the hashtag: '#notas**thole'.
Scroll down for video
'Not a s**thole': Naomi Watts hit out at President Donald Trump as she shared a throwback snap from her trip to Kenya on Instagram on Sunday
'Beautiful Kenya. I miss you,' Naomi added beneath the snap, which showed her posing with her arms spread wide and held up in the air.
Looking triumphant and relaxed, the Mullholland Drive star seemed to relish soaking up the scenery.
However, it was the additional hashtag that caught the most attention - which appeared to allude to President Trump's recent comments on immigration.
Shock: The caption appeared to refer to Trump's immigration meeting last week, which allegedly saw him ask: 'Why are we having these people from s***hole countries come here?'
Camp ya Kanzi: Naomi tagged the 'award-winning, luxury eco-lodge' in her snap, and assured fans it was 'not a s**thole'
The 71-year-old sparked outrage across the world when he allegedly asked 'Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?' in an Oval Office meeting about immigration on Thursday.
He went on to deny he was racist, telling reporters on Sunday: 'I'm not a racist. I'm the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you.'
He later added on Twitter: 'The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used.'
According to CNN, South Africa will embark on a diplomatic protest towards the US Embassy in Pretoria on Monday, following the alleged shock comments.
Family time: The actress traveled to the African nation in July last year, with her two sons, Alexander and Samuel
Nyumbani Children's Home: Naomi and her son looked overjoyed to be meeting with children at the facility, seen with huge smiles on their faces
Naomi tagged Campi ya Kanzi, an 'award-winning, luxury eco-lodge' in the snap, where a stay in their most expensive suite costs $10, 118 AUD (or $8,000 USD) per night.
Daily Mail Australia has reached out to Naomi's management for comment.
The actress travelled to the African nation in July last year, with her two sons, Alexander, 10, and Samuel, nine.
Naomi shared a number of photos during their travels, including one that showed her with her son at The Nyumbani Children's Home in the Kenyan city of Nairobi.
The pair looked overjoyed to be meeting with children at the facility and were pictured with huge smiles on their faces.
Pucker up! Clearly having relished her time in the country, the actress called the trip a dream come true
In another happy snap, Naomi was seen at the famous Giraffe Manor where one of the African animals planted a kiss she planted a kiss on her mouth.
Clearly having relished her time in the country, the actress called the trip a dream come true, adding that she and her boys will 'cherish these memories forever'.
Naomi, who is an Australian citizen, currently resides in New York with her boys, who she shares with ex Liev Schreiber.
Hollywood icon: Australian Naomi is one of Tinseltown's most revered actresses
Most watched News videos
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Dramatic moment 19-year-old man is hit by 'Audi' in Derby
- Louise Turpin's sister talks about their unusual sex life
- 'They should be in prison': SAS Hero Bob Curry on Iranian siege
- The street in Birmingham that makes a family feel TRAPPED
- 'I want to marry mommy!': Four-year-old objects to mom's engagement
- Surfer dramatically rides large wave off the coast of Portugal
- Philadelphia Eagles fan smacks into pole while running for train
- Father and son speak out after being brutally bashed in Melbourne
- Team Brady: Gisele cheers on husband Tom and the Patriots
- Larry Nassar's final victim, 15, slams the pedophile doctor
- Couple arrested over 'worst ever child abuse death'