From a Trump Tower stay to a Bermuda Triangle cruise: Twitter erupts with hilarious #tripsIdontwanttowin suggestions (so what would YOUR worst holiday be?)
- The trending topic went viral on Wednesday and highlighted travel's flip-side
- Shows creative interpretations of worst-possible trips and 'destination don'ts'
- One person tweeted 'a trip to see the world's biggest ball of twine'
Holidays are a popular antidote to the so-called January blues.
But not every jaunt promises a good time - as Twitter proved with the #TripsIdontwanttowin hashtag, this week.
The trending topic went viral on Wednesday, generating hundreds of hilarious responses from sage travellers around the world.
No, thank you! US President Donald J. Trump was a common theme on the anti-bucket list
One of the most common themes was the United States.
Getting topical with New York's current airport drama, one woman quipped: 'One where my baggage gets lost in a flood at JFK'.
Meanwhile, others used the opportunity to make a barbed political comment. Taking aim at the US President, one posted 'The White House', while another said 'Trump Tower'. 'The Leaning Tower Of Trump' was also referenced.
The real thing:One woman referenced the world’s largest ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas
Straying from the political narrative, one woman - Robyn D Woskin - referenced a real-life tourist attraction in Cawker City, Kansas, posting: 'An all-expense paid trip to see the world’s largest ball of twine', complete with a snap of the offending item.
Another, using the handle @sunkisseeddd, added: 'Cruise through the Bermuda Triangle.'
Meanwhile, a man - using the handle @scrueggs - nailed the frustrations of airport security by posting: 'The USA. Don’t get me wrong! I love you, guys! I just don’t like taking my shoes off at the airport.'
Funny: Some took aim at US politics, while others referenced Hollywood's holidays form hell
Taking the responses further afield, others got more artistic with their gags.
One referenced the terrifying scenes from Snakes On A Plane, which saw killer reptiles ravage passengers, to the unwanted past found down the metaphorical 'memory lane'.
One post captured the hilarious moment a woman fell over at the cinema - losing her popcorn along the way - which they captioned: 'Magic carpet ride.'
Vegan health retreats clearly aren't popular with Twitter user Jadene Pierce
Stateside: US culture was a dominant theme in the trending topic's tweets
Another said: 'Anywhere Jessica Fletcher goes.
'Somebody always dies.'
Similarly, reference was made to the Bates Motel, which was, of course, the scene of the crime in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.
Most watched News videos
- Turpin: CCTV appears to show siblings after parents' arrests
- Simon Barnes who played Tinky Winky in Teletubbies passes away
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Police dashcam footage captures 'reckless' Audi S4 driver
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Shooting in Midtown Manhattan leaves three men wounded
- Comedian Steve Brown attacked by audience member at show
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Tsunami warning in Alaska prompts queues of people waiting to evacuate
- Coffin of Dolores O'Riordan is being carried into church
- National champ Mattie Larson slams pedophile doc Larry Nassar
- Serial killer Robert Pickton confesses murders to undercover cop