Sky Sports announce they will broadcast 2018 Masters after fears they would lose coverage of tournament at Augusta
- Sky Sports have confirmed they will cover the Masters at Augusta this year
- Its golf channel will cover the Masters, US Open, The Open and The Ryder Cup
- Golf's first major of the season will be shown on Sky for eighth consecutive year
Sky Sports has announced it will broadcast the Masters at Augusta for the eighth consecutive year after fears it would lose the coverage to rival TV bidders.
Sky lost coverage of last year's USPGA to the BBC and there were reports coverage of other Majors could be taken away from them in 2018.
But the TV giant has allayed those fears and confirmed it will broadcast more than 100 tournaments on the Sky Sports Golf channel, including the US Open, The Open, The Ryder Cup and all five Women's Majors.
Sky Sports has announced it will continue to cover the Masters for the eighth consecutive year
Sergio Garcia won at Augusta last year and donned the green jacket after his first Major win
The first Major of the golfing calendar — which takes place in April — will be covered along with the Par-3 competition and other events throughout the week to bolster the coverage.
Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose's play-off at Augusta National was one of the highlights of the sporting calendar.
The Spaniard claimed the first Major title of his career by sinking a putt on the iconic 18th hole before breaking into an incredibly emotional celebration on the green.
He will look to defend his title this year with the American big three, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, all looking in ominous form as the calendar year kicks off.
Jordan Spieth (r) and Justin Thomas (l) along with Dustin Johnson will look to dethrone Garcia
The coverage will be headed up by David Livingstone with analysis from coach Butch Harmon and former Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley among others.
Barney Francis, Sky Sports Managing Director said: 'This is fantastic news and our viewers can look forward to another special week at Augusta National. The Masters is a magical event played on a magnificent golf course.
'I believe our award-winning coverage and dedicated golf channel will give the best platform for a memorable tournament as part of a tremendous year of golf on Sky Sports.'
Most watched Sport videos
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: I've always dreamt of playing for Arsenal
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan's career in numbers
- Arsenal footballer Alexis Sanchez boards jet to Manchester
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil enjoys a stroll around London
- Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez's decision to leave Arsenal
- Premier League transfers: Sanchez and Mkhitaryan swap confirmed
- Liverpool boss Klopp left frustrated after Swansea upset
- Kyle Edmund in profile: Who is Britain's new tennis star?
- 'We are not close to any deal': Wenger on signing Aubameyang
- Women's FA manager Phil Neville talks about wife's busy schedule
- Tributes pour in for ex-England captain Jimmy Armfield
- Anthony Joshua on good form at Lucozade 'Made To Move' sesh