Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos gets brutally trolled for wearing ridiculous matching blue outfit as Zinedine Zidane's men lost to Villarreal
- Sergio Ramos was trolled for donning a matching blue outfit at the Bernabeu
- Ramos watched from a box as Real Madrid were beaten at home by Villarreal
- The 31-year-old was unavailable for the match after sustaining a injury in training
- He posted a snap of himself watching the game in the outfit on his Instagram
- It sparked photoshoppers into action with the defender at the brunt of the joke
It wasn't just the Real Madrid players who featured in their humiliating home defeat to Villarreal that left the Bernabeu with their tail between their legs on Saturday afternoon.
Ramos took to Instagram to post a picture of himself wearing matching blue shoes, coat, polo top and hat inside an executive box ahead of the match.
Scroll to the bottom for examples
Sergio Ramos got trolled for donning a blue outfit as he watched Real Madrid lose to Villarreal
But his outfit didn't go down too well and sparked photoshoppers and meme makers into immediate action with the Spain international at the brunt of the joke.
He was photoshopped behind the desk in a hardware store, with a Batman logo on his jumper and working for Dominoes Pizza among many others.
The 31-year-old would certainly not have been impressed, and equally so by what he was witnessing on the pitch.
The Madrid captain was ruled out of Saturday's clash after picking up an injury in training
The defender was ruled out of Saturday's tie after sustaining a calf muscle injury during a training session earlier on in the week.
And so he was powerless as he watched Madrid slump to a second successive La Liga defeat at the Bernabeu.
Cristiano Ronaldo and co were left frustrated after missing several opportunities to score
Pablo Fornals struck in the dying moments to secure the three points for the visitors
The loss to Villarreal leaves Madrid 16 points behind rivals and league leaders Barcelona but manager Zinedine Zidane refused to place blame on his players after the result.
He said: 'It is hard to explain. We tried everything. We had clear chances, but the ball would not go in. There is no explanation.
'This is a bad run that won't stop and it is not good for my players. I can't criticise them. This is simply a bad moment and a tough defeat to take on board because we didn't deserve that.'
Most watched Sport videos
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: I've always dreamt of playing for Arsenal
- Arsenal footballer Alexis Sanchez boards jet to Manchester
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil enjoys a stroll around London
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan's career in numbers
- Premier League sackings: Which managers have faced the axe?
- Ronaldinho performs a football trick during a volleyball match
- What a goal! A fit Henrikh Mkhitaryan scores a wonder goal
- Pep Guardiola congratulates Man United on Alexis Sanchez deal
- Man United transfer target Alexis Sanchez in 90 seconds
- Pogba, Lukaku and Lingard perform team-mate's Martial's chant
- Manchester United players celebrate after Stoke win
- Arsene Wenger says Alexis Sanchez is 'likely to move to Man Utd