Man, 29, accused of stabbing a 56-year-old stranger to death as he ate breakfast outside a Sydney train station charged with murder after his brother reported him to police
- A man has been arrested after a body was found at Hurstville train station at 6am
- The deceased man had 'suffered severe lacerations', according to a statement
- An 'edged weapon' was seized and the station area is now a large crime scene
A man has been charged with murder after allegedly stabbing a stranger to death as he ate breakfast outside a Sydney train station.
Brian Lee, 29, allegedly confronted the man, 56, who was sitting in a small park outside Hurstville Train Station about 6am on Saturday.
Lee allegedly lunged at the victim and stabbed him in the chest before running away, The Daily Telegraph reported.
A man has been charged with murder after allegedly stabbing a stranger to death as he ate breakfast outside a Sydney train station
Police are hoping CCTV from the train station will shed more light on the bizarre circumstances
The man staggered across the grass for help but collapsed at the entrance to Hurstville Train Station.
Women doing Tai Chi in the park found the man and called for help.
An hour after the killing Lee's brother phone police after he arrived at their home.
Officers arrested Lee nearby and seized an edged weapon shortly after being called to the scene.
Brian Lee, 29, allegedly confronted the man, 56, who was sitting in a small park outside Hurstville Train Station about 6am on Saturday
Police have responded to reports of a 'stabbed body' found at Hurstville station on Saturday
They took him to Kogarah Police Station and charged with murder.
He was refused bail and is due to appear in court on Sunday.
Police are hoping CCTV from the train station will shed more light on the bizarre circumstances.
A large crime scene has been established near Hurstville train station as police investigate
A man had been arrested at a property in Hurstville and an 'edged weapon' has been seized
Most watched News videos
- Turpin: CCTV appears to show siblings after parents' arrests
- Simon Barnes who played Tinky Winky in Teletubbies passes away
- Police dashcam footage captures 'reckless' Audi S4 driver
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Comedian Steve Brown attacked by audience member at show
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Shooting in Midtown Manhattan leaves three men wounded
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Tsunami warning in Alaska prompts queues of people waiting to evacuate
- Coffin of Dolores O'Riordan is being carried into church
- National champ Mattie Larson slams pedophile doc Larry Nassar
- Comedian Steve Brown talks about being attacked on stage
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.