Drunk couple who snuck into an alley and had sex for seven minutes against a budget hotel wall in front of horrified pedestrians including a family and their five-year-old son are spared jail
- Kai Smart and Emma James were spotted in the act outside an Isle of Wight hotel
- A receptionist who went out for a cigarette spotted the couple up against a wall
- The amorous couple appeared at Isle of Wight Magistrates' Court yesterday
Emma James attends the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court in Newport on November 24, 2017, charged with acts of outrageous public decency
A couple have narrowly avoided a prison sentence after having drunken sex in an alleyway in front of shocked passersby.
Kai Smart, 25, and Emma James, 33, claimed they thought they were out of view as they had sex for seven minutes against a budget hotel's wall.
However a receptionist spotted the amorous couple in the act when she went outside for a cigarette.
'It was clear they were having intercourse by their stance and movement,' prosecutor Ann Smout told Isle of Wight Magistrates' Court.
The couple were also seen by guests with a five-year-old boy as they returned from a night out.
Ms Smout continued: 'The receptionist saw the a man walk past the alleyway and get his phone out — she does not know if he was calling police or filming.
'A family with a five-year-old boy passed.
'The boy stopped by the alleyway and she believe he saw the couple'
The alleyway in Ryde, on the Isle of Wight, close the budget hotel. The pair were spotted when a receptionist at the hotel went outside for a cigarette
Kai Smart covered up outside the Isle of Wight Magistrate's Court in Newport where he appeared yesterday alongside James
The couple were also seen by guests with a five-year-old boy as they returned from a night out. Smart is pictured left outside Isle of Wight Magistrates' Court yesterday and James is pictured right
CCTV also captured the incident in Ryde, Isle of Wight.
Smart, of Ryde, and James, of Shanklin, admitted outraging public decency.
Isle of Wight magistrates’ court gave both 12-week jail terms, suspended for a year.
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic moment 19-year-old man is hit by 'Audi' in Derby
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Louise Turpin's sister talks about their unusual sex life
- 'They should be in prison': SAS Hero Bob Curry on Iranian siege
- The street in Birmingham that makes a family feel TRAPPED
- Team Brady: Gisele cheers on husband Tom and the Patriots
- 'I want to marry mommy!': Four-year-old objects to mom's engagement
- Philadelphia Eagles fan smacks into pole while running for train
- Father and son speak out after being brutally bashed in Melbourne
- Surfer dramatically rides large wave off the coast of Portugal
- Couple arrested over 'worst ever child abuse death'
- Larry Nassar's final victim, 15, slams the pedophile doctor