US Nurse, 58, dubbed the 'Canterbury Cannibal' who was jailed in the UK for plotting to BEHEAD and EAT a 14-year-old girl has moved back home to America - sparking Nebraska police to increase neighbourhood patrols
- Families in Blair, Nebraska, are on alert following reports that Dale Bolinger is living in the city
- It is not clear how the American nurse - sentenced to nine years in jail in the UK in 2014 - was able to return to the U.S. so quickly
- U.S officials say he has a right to reside in America where he has no criminal record and has registered as a sex offender as legally required
- Bolinger plotted to meet the 14-year-old with the intention of raping, killing and eventually eating her
An American nurse who fantasised about killing and eating a teenage girl and was in 2014 sentenced for nine years in Britain for sexual grooming has returned to America, U.S. media reports say.
Dale Bolinger, dubbed the 'Canterbury Cannibal' plotted to meet the girl with the intention of raping, killing and eventually eating her.
He bought an axe the day before he planned to meet the 14-year-old, called 'Eva', on the Dark Fetish Network website.
Photos of Dale Bolinger have been widely circulated in the U.S. media
Bolinger bought an ax the day before he planned to meet the 14-year-old, called 'Eva', on the Dark Fetish Network website.
Bolinger behaviour at his trial was described by the judge as 'abhorrent, shocking and dangerous'
Bolinger took a selfie of himself posing with an axe which he sent to the 14-year-old he wanted to have sex with, kill and eat
No show: The male nurse is alleged to have planned to meet the 14-year-old at Ashford International station, pictured, but she never arrived
He also chatted online about beheading and eating girls. The judge at his trial said his behaviour was 'abhorrent, shocking and dangerous'.
Now people living in a Blair neighborhood of Nebraska are on high alert, with parents keeping a close eye on their children, following reports that Bolinger is living in the city.
It is not clear how Bolinger was able to return to the U.S. so soon after his conviction, although officials in Blair say he has served his time in Britain, has not committed any crimes in America and has registered as a sex offender as legally required.
A 6news report says that one of its reporters knocked on the door where Bolinger is staying and the man who answered said he is a friend of the family who are 'hosting him' for a short time 'until he can get back on his feet'.
Psychiatrists determined that Bolinger was not suffering from any form of mental illness
Families in Blair are now consulting lawyers to consider any legal options they now have, the station reported.
'This is a great neighbourhood and hopefully we can figure a way to get through this,' one concerned father said.
The Washington County Attorney and the sheriff's office are aware of his presence and are reported to be organising more patrols in this area.
Officials say Bolinger has the right to stay since he has served his time overseas.
A former friend of Bolinger said in 2014 that one day he invited her to his home in Brockley, south east London, and tried to suffocate her with a rag soaked in noxious dry-cleaning fluid as she sat in his lounge.
Urlene King said she had been friends with Bolinger for 17 years before the incident happened.
People living in the Blair neighborhood of Nebraska are on high alert following news of Bolinger's release
'I was sitting on the couch with my back to the door when he attacked me,' Ms King told the Daily Mirror. I couldn't breathe and began to feel all giddy - I thought he was trying to rape me.
'I finally broke free and said, 'What the f*** do you think you're doing?'
'He staggered back and said, 'Oh my God what have I done.' But he looked different, nothing like the Dale I knew.'
Bolinger, then of Davidson Road, Canterbury, confessed to having cannibalistic thoughts from the age of six but claimed his interest was all 'in fantasy'.
The former nurse at the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate admitted 10 other charges, including administering a poison or noxious substance afterthe attack on Ms King.
He also pleaded guilty to making indecent pseudo photographs of children and seven counts of publishing an obscene article.
Denial: Bolinger is said to have told police his cannibalism fetish was 'less to do with sexual gratification and more to do with anger' during an police interview conducted when he was first arrested in February 2013
Psychiatrists determined that Bolinger was not suffering from any form of mental illness.
The American national, who was married for 34 years and had three children, was also made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order to stop him using the internet without permission.
Most watched News videos
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Dramatic moment 19-year-old man is hit by 'Audi' in Derby
- Louise Turpin's sister talks about their unusual sex life
- 'They should be in prison': SAS Hero Bob Curry on Iranian siege
- The street in Birmingham that makes a family feel TRAPPED
- 'I want to marry mommy!': Four-year-old objects to mom's engagement
- Surfer dramatically rides large wave off the coast of Portugal
- Philadelphia Eagles fan smacks into pole while running for train
- Father and son speak out after being brutally bashed in Melbourne
- Team Brady: Gisele cheers on husband Tom and the Patriots
- Larry Nassar's final victim, 15, slams the pedophile doctor
- Couple arrested over 'worst ever child abuse death'