Stomach-churning moment 15ft long python regurgitates Thai farmer's champion fighting rooster
- Nut Wattana noticed two of his best cocks were missing when he woke up
- He thought they fled their coop but then saw a python with a bulge in its belly
- Mr Wattana called rescuers who carefully prized the snake from the rafters
- They laid the snake on the ground and waited for it to regurgitate the rooster
This is the stomach churning moment a 15ft long python regurgitated a farmer's champion fighting rooster.
Nut Wattana had noticed two of his best cocks were missing when he woke up at home in Pathum Thani, Thailand, on December 27.
He thought they had fled their coop but was horrified when he noticed the python hanging from the roof with an enormous bulge in its belly.
A video captured the moment a 15ft long python regurgitated a farmer's fighting rooster
Mr Wattana, a chicken breeder, called rescuers who carefully prized the snake from the rafters before laying it on the ground and waiting for it to regurgitate the rooster.
Footage shows the reptile slowly spit out the dead rooster, which emerges covered in slime.
The other bird was found dead nearby.
Mr Wattana said the two birds had cost him 30,000 Thai Baht (£690).
Nut Wattana had noticed two of his best cocks were missing then saw the python hanging from the roof with a massive bulge in its belly
He called rescuers who carefully prized the reptile from the rafters of his home in Thailand
'I didn't hear the sound of the two cocks in the morning, so I went to look for them,' Mr Wattana said.
'I can't save the birds now. They were two of my favourites. Thankfully I have a lot more roosters and chickens.'
He added: 'I forgive the snake because it was just its natural instinct.'
The reptile was laid on the ground and they patiently waited for it to regurgitate the rooster
Footage shows the reptile slowly spit out the dead rooster, which emerges covered in slime
The python was given time to recover then bagged up and driven away to a jungle, where it was released.
A python typically takes around two weeks to digest a rooster of that size.
They can survive for several weeks without another snack if they're not disturbed.
Mr Wattana said the two birds eaten by the python had cost him 30,000 Thai Baht (£690)
Most watched News videos
- Turpin: CCTV appears to show siblings after parents' arrests
- Simon Barnes who played Tinky Winky in Teletubbies passes away
- Police dashcam footage captures 'reckless' Audi S4 driver
- Comedian Steve Brown attacked by audience member at show
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Shooting in Midtown Manhattan leaves three men wounded
- Comedian Steve Brown talks about being attacked on stage
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Tsunami warning in Alaska prompts queues of people waiting to evacuate
- Coffin of Dolores O'Riordan is being carried into church
- National champ Mattie Larson slams pedophile doc Larry Nassar