It may have been one of the mildest Novembers on record - but now prepare for snow
By November 24 last year most of the country was already frozen over, with widespread severe frosts, deep snowfall and travel chaos.
The deepest falls were covering East Scotland, the North East, East Anglia and the South East, with huge drifts affecting hilly parts of the North. Altnaharra, in the far North of Scotland, felt -21C.
More snow fell through to the start of the Christmas break, bringing severe frosts, but milder weather and rain arrived before New Year.
Cold: Deer enjoy the first frost after the overnight temperature fell to minus 1 at Normanby Hall Country Park in Lincolnshir
This November was totally different, being the second mildest on record. It ended very wet and windy, especially in the North West, where flooding and wild weather was most severe.
Last Tuesday a squall line lifted wind gusts to 74mph at Capel Curig, Snowdonia, with heavy, driving rain spreading east through the afternoon.
Central Scotland was worst hit.
Glasgow Bishopton recorded 2.6ins (66mm) of rain in 24 hours and Greenock suffered rising floods.
As for the coming week, it promises to be colder than anything seen recently and snow is highly likely in South and West Scotland even on low ground, with hill snow in Northern Ireland and some parts of England and Wales.
Most watched News videos
- Turpin: CCTV appears to show siblings after parents' arrests
- Simon Barnes who played Tinky Winky in Teletubbies passes away
- Police dashcam footage captures 'reckless' Audi S4 driver
- Comedian Steve Brown attacked by audience member at show
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Shooting in Midtown Manhattan leaves three men wounded
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Comedian Steve Brown talks about being attacked on stage
- Tsunami warning in Alaska prompts queues of people waiting to evacuate
- Coffin of Dolores O'Riordan is being carried into church
- National champ Mattie Larson slams pedophile doc Larry Nassar