Ready to MOO-ve into! Outdoorsy couple splash £15K to turn an old cattle trailer into a VERY cosy camper van (complete with artwork on the walls and its own pizza oven)
- Product designer Sam and his girlfriend Jessica live in Yorkshire
- Wanted a home on wheels they could take on weekends away to the countryside
- Sam bought the cattle trailer for £4,000 and set aside a £10,000 budget
- They fit a wood burning stove, a kitchenette, a pull-out bed and a dining table
A creative couple who love the outdoors transformed a cattle trailer into a luxury campervan so they could enjoy romantic weekends away.
Product designer Sam and his girlfriend Jessica, who live in Yorkshire, bought the wagon once used to transport up to four cows at a time for £4,000 at auction.
They set aside a £10,000 budget to pay for a high-end refit of the 4m by 2m space, but ended up splashing out an extra £5,000 over the three months it took to finish their labour of love project.
The couple's journey was followed by George Clarke in the return of his Amazing Spaces series, which revealed the finished results of their design; including a pizza oven, a kitchenette, a double bed and dining table all squeezed in to the tiny space.
Sam and Jessica invested nearly £20,000 into their luxury mobile home so they can enjoy romantic weekend getaways
After spending £4,000 on a cattle trailer they transformed it by adding custom-made furniture to fit the small 4x2m space
The Yorkshire couple even added a wood-burning stove that has space for a pizza oven to enjoy as well as give off heat
Originally able to transport up to four cows, the trailer was the perfect structure to carry the weight of a luxury - albeit diminutive - home-on-wheels.
Sam fitted the trailer exactly to his own design with the help of his father Colin, adding in expensive custom-made windows in the slats that once provided air holes for travelling cattle.
It was a costly job as Jessica revealed the windows alone made a significant dent in the couple's £10,000 budget before they'd properly started.
The back entrance was fitted with a door and a covering that folds down to act as a decking area when the weather is fine.
The cattle trailer was originally used to transport cows, but the couple saw it had potential to be a campervan
They fitted windows and a door, as well as covering that lowers down to floor level and become decking to sit on
The metal trailer proved strong enough to hold a log burner with a pizza oven, as well as an extended cantilever bed that sits above three sliding vertical drawers; each of which serves an important purpose.
Sam's nifty, space-saving design incorporates a dedicated space for food storage, one that pulls out to form a dining table, and a third fitted with a leisure battery to provide power and more storage.
Sam splashed out on fancy French oak timber herringbone flooring.
Sam was helped out by his father Colin (left), as they worked together to fit the trailer to Sam's detailed design
The cantilever bed folds out to become double size, and holds three drawers underneath that become a kitchenette, a dining table and storage
Sam and Jessica are thrilled with their 'cattle camper' despite going £5,000 over budget, but presenter George Clarke says it was for the better as 'it raised the bar higher'
The couple were thrilled with the end result, despite going over budget by an additional 50 per cent.
Jessica gushed: 'I am very happy I can’t wait to go away in it. It has been hard work for the guys, but it is definitely worth it.'
Presenter George Clarke was also impressed with the attention to detail telling the couple and Sam's father as he revisited the 'cattle camper': 'The bar has been raised so much higher for that extra spend.'
George Clarke's Amazing Spaces returns next Thursday on Channel 4 at 8pm
Most watched News videos
- Turpin: CCTV appears to show siblings after parents' arrests
- Simon Barnes who played Tinky Winky in Teletubbies passes away
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Police dashcam footage captures 'reckless' Audi S4 driver
- Jane Fonda visits an anti aircraft battery camp in Vietnam
- Shooting in Midtown Manhattan leaves three men wounded
- Comedian Steve Brown attacked by audience member at show
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Tsunami warning in Alaska prompts queues of people waiting to evacuate
- Coffin of Dolores O'Riordan is being carried into church
- National champ Mattie Larson slams pedophile doc Larry Nassar
- Serial killer Robert Pickton confesses murders to undercover cop